The Department of Education for Sustainable Nutrition and Food Science of the Technische Universität Berlin (TU) and has two missions: research and education. Research foci of the department include sustainable consumption, consumer behavior, Corporate Social Responsibility, sustainability of food (fair trade, organic food), food waste, insects as food and feed and Cause-related Marketing as well as vocational education in the field of nutrition and home economics. In education, the department offers subject-matter didactical education of vocational teachers in the field of nutrition and home economics.
Methodic competences include e.g.
- Developing questionnaires, conducting and evaluating interviews (face-to-face, online),
- Review of reviews on values and other key issues (attitudes towards sustainability, willingness to pay, ethical aspects, rearing methods, …),
- Concept mapping the knowledge that a person associates with a specific keyword or situation,
- Information Display Matrix (for the measurement of information uptake in decision making situations, and
- Choice experiments and experimental auctions (that have the purpose to simulate purchasing and production decisions).